Tag Board
Login form
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Main » General » Collections (Question)
Collections
ezDate: Friday, 2011-02-25, 5:28 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Users
Are the answers somewhere on the site? Thanks.

tgfDate: Friday, 2011-02-25, 7:27 PM | Message # 2
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Administrators
No, no answers on this site - but I carefully (as much as I could) tested each one and recorded a detailed solution to most of them.
Originally I prepared these cards in response to a plea from Russian coaches, with an idea to give each student a test (8 puzzles to the card) at the start of the class, and then review the answers in a group afterwards. There is a big difference between glancing at the ready-made solution and trying to come up with the solution on your own. But, alas, no coaches responded, if they use the cards I have no idea.

But of course everyone should take a challenge - it is fun! Take a card, take just one position - solve it, write down your solution in the card's comments - something like this: Pos 4. 1. 12-34 56-78 2.34-56, etc. Also one can practice copying the diagram in the answers.

One can also print a few cards and take them to the club/park/barbershop to show/challenge other players.
They can run solving contests, create lots of excitement and generate pride from individual achievement.

ezDate: Friday, 2011-02-25, 8:18 PM | Message # 3
Private
Thanks for the response. I finished all the Basics, Brain Teaser and now working on the collections. I think it is helping me to think clearer in regards to backward jumps and flying kings. After setting up a position on the diagram...can I copy the diagram to Microsoft Works?

tgfDate: Friday, 2011-02-25, 8:24 PM | Message # 4
Lieutenant colonel
After setting up a position on the diagram
I do not follow where you are - but if the question is to copy diagrams - I do not have MS Works but my MS Word has no problems - right-click on the diagram, Copy and then Paste in the Word.

I advise to start with the 2x2 Collection - it does have all the solutions and you will learn quite a bit by trying to solve those pesky mini-puzzles!

ezDate: Friday, 2011-02-25, 8:32 PM | Message # 5
Private
Reading your remark about lack of participation is too bad because I think this site will help someone's game especially the younger players. I am 73 and I tire easily. Keep up the good work. I will try to encourage others to come here.

Added (2011-02-25, 8:32 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Thank you...will experiment!

tgfDate: Friday, 2011-02-25, 8:40 PM | Message # 6
Lieutenant colonel
Do not understand why but the idea of participation - asking and answering questions, discussing, offering your own ideas, posting games and positions - seems foreign to most players. They come to watch, they come to copy, they stay silent to all appeals and explanations, they refuse to actively participate. My sites are my invitations to learn from each other, give and take - but they agree only to take sad Guess how many sites I already closed... This is just yet another attempt, probably with the same fate as before.

ezDate: Sunday, 2011-02-27, 2:50 PM | Message # 7
Private
I hope that you will give it time. I feel that I am improving.

Forum » Main » General » Collections (Question)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Thursday, 2024-04-25, 12:15 PM
Welcome Guest
Forum
  • Latest (17)
  • Checkers Notation (3)
  • Best Analysis!! (1)
  • Training (6)
  • Introduction to Endings (3)